Wait What?? I did not even know these existed let alone I just started blogging in September. But that is amazing and I will take it! 🙂 Another reason why I just decided to go for it and start a blog. It is amazing how so many bloggers support each other and encourage each other every day. The blogs I have come across in the last couple of months of doing this are simply amazing! I have also noticed my make up stash increasing along with my closet getting a little more colorful from all of the wonderful beauty/fashion recommendations I have read! 🙂 But hey that’s what blogging is about right?!?! 🙂 I want to thank Claire for the nomination…Check out her blog wanderingsofclaire 🙂
So the Versatile Blogger Award asked for 7 facts about me…. ENJOY! 🙂
- I am an only child. I’m sure you are thinking, oh spoiled, brat, lucky, weird etc. Well, I really wanted a brother or sister for about 4-5 years and then I realized that being an only child wasn’t that bad. My mom put me in dance at the age of 2 1/2 so that was pretty much my life until I graduated college!! I made lots of friends through dance and they are still in my life to this day. Lol Yes, I was very well taken care of as any child should be but my mom made sure I knew how to appreciate things. I had my first job at 15 and have worked ever since. So the thought of siblings started to go away around age 12. I was ok being an only child and consider my close friends like sisters. Who knows, I might meet some amazing bloggers that I can consider sisters one day! 🙂
- Speaking of dance, I have been a dancer my entire life and still teach dance to this day. I was on a studio competition team from the age of 2 until I graduated high school. It was something I absolutely loved doing and I have met sooooooo many people/friends along the way. The dance world is a crazy, competitive world but you learn so much about yourself and life. No, my mom was not a crazy dance mom lol – she was the “team mom” for several years but never made me do things I did not want to do. I knew I wanted to dance in college so I continued my dance career at the University of Cincinnati. They were 4 time National Hip Hop Champions at the time so I was like…..”Uhh DUH!” My parents were not particularly happy I was going to be moving 2000 miles away (remember I am an only child) but they knew my passion for dance, especially hip hop, and supported my decision to move to Cincy. And now the dance team is 8 time National Hip Hop Champs!!!!! Let me tell you, hands down best 4 years of my life! I met so many amazing people and still call everyone I danced with friends today! I still cant retire the dance world as I still teach hip hop at a local studio 🙂
- Since I had my son in 2011, I have pretty much become a crazy, ADD, OCD, organized, clean freak! I used to be that person who could just lay on the couch while there was a pile of dishes in the sink or the house being a mess but then everything changed! My husband will tell you that the roles have pretty much reversed in our house. He used to be very OCD about everything and now I like yell at him if there is a shoe on the floor! lol Having ADD makes you constantly need to be doing things but I think the OCD developed over the last couple of years. Getting things done and making them perfect – that is a fun combination especially with a 3 year old. It is like a fighting battle when I go around picking up his toys and 5 minutes later they are back on the floor along with 15 other toys! 🙂
- I am an avid runner! I love exercise and being active but I have always loved running. I ran in high school and continued through college. I ran my first half marathon about 3 years ago after I had my son. The motivation to lose the baby weight combined with the love of running helped me complete 13 miles. It was not easy and honestly on mile 8 I was like “Why did I sign up for this again?” but when you cross that finish line you have a sense of accomplishment that no one can ever take away from you. I encourage anyone who is questioning doing any kind of race to just go for it! There is no rule that you have to run the entire thing so walking is perfectly fine. It will actually start to inspire you to do more races down the road 🙂
- One fun little fact that I am super proud of that not a lot of people believe…. I had Perfect Attendance from Kindergarten through 12th grade! Yes! I can not take all of the credit for that because my mother is the one that kept me on my toes about being prompt and attentive everyday. Trust me, there were days where I did not want to go and it was a battle some mornings but she always said “Brittany, you can not break the streak you have going now…” That made me suck it up and just go no matter what. I am still that way when it comes to my job or other commitments. I show up… no matter what! 🙂
- I love me some soap operas and reality tv! I am an avid watcher of The Young and the Restless as I catch up with it everyday on DVR. I have been watching it since like 9th grade and no matter how many days I skip, I can always catch up with whats going on 🙂 It is an addiction I cant get rid of…. AND any reality tv show is probably on my DVR as well. I dont know what it is about good drama and watching people’s lives play out but my go-to shows are Real Housewives (all of them), Teen Mom, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelor and Dance Moms. I am also a huge college football fan! I could probably watch football over anything else sometimes but that is part to do with my dad raising me on sports! Go Irish! 🙂
- One fun fact about me and my family is we all share the some month of birthdays AND anniversaries AND Christmas!!! December is the lucky month of chaos where I run around like a crazy person, plan every birthday party and dinner almost every weekend, try to fit in our anniversary along with the craziness of Christmas! My bday is the 12th, Ridge the 14th, My husband the 18th, Christmas, our anniversary the 28th! Like What?!?!?! It pretty much flies by in the blink of an eye but I would trade any of it for a second!
Did you catch of all that? That was a lot of information at once! I hope you enjoyed learning about me and getting to know me a little bit more.
Now here are my nominations for bloggers I feel deserve this award! Below are rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
First, the Versatile Blogger Award:
If you are nominated, you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. You should:
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to his or her blog.
- Select fifteen (15) blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered and/or follow regularly. (Choose blogs you find excellent!)
- Nominate those fifteen (15) bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, including a link to the originalVBA site.
- Notify your nominations!
- Finally, don’t forget to tell the person who nominated you seven (7) things about yourself.
Now to nominate 15 blogs!
- Amanda @ Amanda Bella
- Hannah @ Loubs and Lips
- Holly @ Make Today a Hollyday
- Danielle @ Danielle Davis Style
- Chelsea @ The Dancing Runner
- Mahagony @ Casually Alluring
- Olya @ Shiny Little Pearls
- Little Sunshine @ Little Sunshine
- Christine @ Tulle Me Something
- Katie @ Red Velvet Snow
- Hil @ Sincerely Hil
- Rachael @ Sweat and Repeat
- Arielle @ With all my Affection
- Kathleen @ Kathleen B Davis
- Heba @ Fever Dream
That was a lot of but I follow each of these fabulous blogs and love them! You should check them out if you have not already 🙂
This was a fun post to do and I look forward to reading all of the fun facts about my nominees! Thanks for being amazing people 🙂